I was flipping through Readymade‘s site the other day, looking for an electronic version of some amazing looking breakfast goodies in their current issue (found ’em) (and here), when I stumbled upon this. A super easy looking lampshade cover recipe! I thought, “I like easy. I have a lampshade. It needs beautification.” …So I did it.
(And my messy desk. Yes, my desktop background is a mouth blowing a spit bubble…)
I made a minor change. I didn’t have any pins, so I sewed tiny little X stitches at the base of each strip. I bought the lace fabric at Joann’s or someplace on clearance for $2, knowing someday I would find a use for it. If I hadn’t taken the photos with my cell phone, you could see the silvery, glimmery aspect of the lace too.